Doritos creates spoof cover of 'Stay Another Day' by East 17
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 December 2012 12:04PM
Doritos has added a Mexican twist to East 17's Christmas hit 'Stay Another Day' with a cover that features a cameo from original band member Tony Mortimer.
The brand’s mariachi band have swapped "sunshine and sombreros for snowflakes and puffa jackets" in order to recreate the style of the original track’s music video.
Abbott Mead Vickers/BBDO created the re-mastered music video that later switches to the upbeat style of Doritos’ ‘For fun…add a little Mexican’ campaign, which sees the Mariachi Doritos brand play covers of hit music at parties.
The campaign, which launched in the summer, has already seen the band do covers of ‘Don’t You Want Me’ by Human League and ‘Love Machine’ by Girls Aloud.
Doritos’ spoof cover of the East 17 track will be hosted on its Facebook and YouTube pages.
The track will also be available as a downloadable single from Monday 17 December on iTunes with all profits going to Crisis, the national charity for single homeless people.
Olly Williams directed the video, while OMD is handling media planning and buying for the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital