Pepsi signs Beyoncé as global ambassador
Pepsi has signed international pop icon Beyoncé as its latest brand ambassador under the 'Live For Now' campaign.
The deal is reported to be worth $50m (£31m).
PepsiCo claims the tie-up will be a "wide-ranging collaboration" between the Pepsi brand and Beyoncé, working together to co-create content and experiences.
Brad Jakeman, president of PepsiCo’s Global Beverages Group, said: "Beyoncé, who continually defines and redefines what 'now' means for her millions of devotees worldwide, is the perfect partner and ambassador for Pepsi." The upcoming work will be the singer's fifth ad for Pepsi since 2002.
The New York Times reports that Beyoncé will not only appear in a TV commercial under the 'Live For Now' global marketing push, accompanied by extensive digital work and a limited edition can with the singer’s face printed on it, but that the collaboration includes a multimillion-dollar fund to support Beyoncé’s chosen creative projects.
The campaign is expected to roll out alongside Beyoncé's new album, expected in early 2013, although a release date is yet to be confirmed.
Beyoncé said in a statement: "Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve.
"As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity."
Pepsi's 'Live For Now' campaign has already involved the brand signing up boy band One Direction, with NFL star Drew Brees and previously Nicki Minaj.
Its other brand ambassadors include footballers Frank Lampard and Lionel Messi.
Beyoncé has been in partnership with Pepsi since 2001, including appearing in ads for the brand.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Database analyst/campaign analyst Salt £40000 - £45000 per annum + BENEFITS, London
- Creative Copywriter - Integrated Comms Agency - £45-50k - Surrey WE ARE THOMAS 45-50k plus benefits, Surrey near Wimbledon
- Senior Internal Communications Business Partner Badenoch & Clark £325 - £400 per day, Oxford
- Business Development Manager Dynamic New Alliances £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.