Pepsi signs Beyoncé as global ambassador
Pepsi has signed international pop icon Beyoncé as its latest brand ambassador under the 'Live For Now' campaign.
The deal is reported to be worth $50m (£31m).
PepsiCo claims the tie-up will be a "wide-ranging collaboration" between the Pepsi brand and Beyoncé, working together to co-create content and experiences.
Brad Jakeman, president of PepsiCo’s Global Beverages Group, said: "Beyoncé, who continually defines and redefines what 'now' means for her millions of devotees worldwide, is the perfect partner and ambassador for Pepsi." The upcoming work will be the singer's fifth ad for Pepsi since 2002.
The New York Times reports that Beyoncé will not only appear in a TV commercial under the 'Live For Now' global marketing push, accompanied by extensive digital work and a limited edition can with the singer’s face printed on it, but that the collaboration includes a multimillion-dollar fund to support Beyoncé’s chosen creative projects.
The campaign is expected to roll out alongside Beyoncé's new album, expected in early 2013, although a release date is yet to be confirmed.
Beyoncé said in a statement: "Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve.
"As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity."
Pepsi's 'Live For Now' campaign has already involved the brand signing up boy band One Direction, with NFL star Drew Brees and previously Nicki Minaj.
Its other brand ambassadors include footballers Frank Lampard and Lionel Messi.
Beyoncé has been in partnership with Pepsi since 2001, including appearing in ads for the brand.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake