Global law firm Reed Smith hands Ogilvy international brief
International law firm Reed Smith has handed a multinational corporate brief to Ogilvy Public Relations.
Ogilvy will handle PR across Europe, the Middle East and Asia following a 19-agency competitive pitch process revealed in PRWeek (24 August).
Reed Smith, which is headquartered in the US, sits just outside the top 20 largest global law firms by fee income according to The American Lawyer and is looking to continue its growth outside of the US.
Jeyda Star, PR manager EME, Reed Smith said: ‘Reed Smith’s geographic expansion over recent years has made it increasingly important for us to have a PR agency that’s able to reflect our global footprint, ensuring on-the-ground support for our teams locally and providing an integrated service across the firm’s international platform.’
Ogilvy will lead press office and influencer relations on behalf of the law firm from its London office, with initial regional activation in Germany, China, Greece, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
The agency is charged with developing a thought leadership position for the firm and implementing it on a global basis and in key individual markets.
Michael Frohlich, UK MD at Ogilvy, added: ‘Ogilvy Public Relations’ unrivalled international network will enable Reed Smith to ensure consistent content delivery globally as we fully integrate our influencer relations expertise with its existing PR framework.
‘Working with a leading law firm across its diverse practice areas will allow us to showcase our strong heritage in business-to-business communications, delivering measurable impact through effective campaigns. We can’t wait to get started.’
Reed Smith has 1,600 lawyers in 23 offices across the world. Last year it opened an office in Shanghai.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account