Coca-Cola hands corporate and public affairs brief to Open Road
Coca-Cola has handed its lucrative corporate and public affairs work to Open Road after splitting with Portland.
The agency won a pitch shoot-out for the UK-wide work after the FMCG company parted ways with Portland over conflict issues relating to historic rival PepsiCo.
Open Road’s retained brief comes at a time of high activity for Coca-Cola, with a UK relaunch and renewed involvement in Formula 1.
PRWeek revealed that Coke was to split with Portland after four years due to the agency’s sale of a majority stake to Omnicom, which works with PepsiCo on a global level.
Open Road, whose clients also include Asda and Vodafone, confirmed the appointment. The agency will report to Joel Morris, Coca-Cola’s director, public affairs and comms, Coca-Cola Great Britain & Ireland.
Morris told PRWeek in October: ‘Portland has done some excellent work for us since being appointed, but their new ownership means that they are unable to repitch.’
Open Road will now slot into a comms set-up that includes The Red Consultancy, Lexis and M&C Saatchi.
The UK arm of the world’s biggest soft drinks manufacturer relaunched its Glacéau vitaminwater brand in recent weeks.
The company is also reportedly readying a return to Formula 1 next year through its global energy brand Burn, in a sponsorship deal with the Lotus F1 Team.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Coca-Cola European comms head Lauren Branston quits
- Coca-Cola Enterprises readies European 'sustainability story' drive
- Coca-Cola reviews £30m UK media business
- Open Road hires corporate affairs specialist Simon Taylor
- Porter Novelli's former EMEA corporate head Alex Woolfall joins Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola in Portland split after Pepsi client conflict
- Senior Strategist Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 + bens, Central London
- Data Analyst for Charity Agency Twist Recruitment £30000 - £38000 per annum + Bens, West End
- Account Director ATL creative agency Twist Recruitment £42000 - £46000 per annum + Bonus, West End
- Account Executive - Global Integrated Advertising Agency Twist Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus, West End
- eCommerce User Experience and Technology Manager Forward Role Recruitment Up to £40,000 per annum plus benefits, Commutable from Manchester, Chester, Warrington & Cheshire
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web