Clear Channel rolls out 10,000 panel nationwide mobile platform
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:25AM
Clear Channel has launched what it describes as "the UK's first national, permanent high street mobile platform for outdoor media" with a rollout of more than 10,000 Near Field Communications (NFC) and QR code-enabled Adshel and digital roadside panels.
The new platform has been created to offer interactive content, social media integration and real-time content updates, while consumers can use their smartphones to download vouchers and promotions and help advertisers track responses.
According to Clear Channel, the new network will be the largest permanent mobile platform in UK outdoor media, with the upgrade focused on high streets and town centres with a full service launch in 2013 and has been established through technology specialists Eagle Eye Technology.
Matthew Dearden, Clear Channel chief executive, said: "Clear Channel is constantly looking at new ways to enable brands to meet people. We’re very excited about the engagement opportunities mobile technologies offer to both advertisers and consumers.
"Mobile is the natural companion medium for out-of-home and this innovative platform builds on the outstanding audience and reach already offered by our market-leading roadside portfolio."
Ed Pippin, chief executive of Eagle Eye Technology, said "We are delighted to be working with Clear Channel to deliver this pioneering platform; we’re well versed in helping game-changing companies stay ahead by enabling them to overcome the technical challenges of bringing their innovative ideas to market quickly."
Adshel is Clear Channel’s national high street six-sheet network.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake