Trinity Mirror poaches Neil Jagger to head sales and marketing
Trinity Mirror, the publisher of Daily Mirror, has poached Neil Jagger from Daily Mail publisher Associated Newspapers, for the newly-created group newspaper sales and marketing director role.
Jagger has been circulation director of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday since 2000. In his new role he will report into Trinity Mirror chief operating officer Mark Hollinshead.
His responsibilities will see him lead newspaper sales and the consumer and retail marketing functions and he will be assisted in his marketing role by new group marketing director Zoe Harris.
Harris is currently strategy director at WCRS and in the newly created role will report directly into Jagger. WCRS worked on The Sun’s ad account until News International asked WPP to put together Team News to work across its different titles, resulting in WCRS losing the account because it was not part of the WPP network.
Jagger will also become a member of Trinity Mirror's recently formed Publishing Operations Group, which is made up of senior execs from editorial, advertising and digital departments in order to drive its One Trinity Mirror strategy.
Hollinshead said: "Unifying the sales and marketing functions under these senior positions is designed to deliver a One Trinity Mirror publishing model that will help us sell more newspapers."
Jagger and Harris will take up their roles in early 2013.
Trinity Mirror is currently in the process of attempting to transform its business under the leadership of former HMV boss Simon Fox, who replaced Sly Bailey.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account