Bauer Media appoints first editor-in-chief across parenting titles
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 10:50AM
Bauer Media has appointed former She magazine editor Claire Irvin as its first editor-in chief across its parenting portfolio of titles.
Irvin has joined from rival magazine publisher Hearst UK, where she worked as editor of She before its closure last year.
She has also been editor of Sugar and ELLEgirl, editor-at-large of Grazia and acting editor of Company.
In her new role, Irvin will work across the titles, Mother & Baby and Pregnancy & Birth, and the online brand www.askamum.co.uk.
Additionally, she will work on StorkUp, the digital start-up in which Bauer has invested that showcases baby and children's products available online.
Bauer Media said that Irvin will oversee a modernisation strategy in its approach to creating digital content, with a rage of apps planned to launch, along with tablet editions.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000 + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Planning Manager (SAS) Direct Recruitment £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB