Bauer Media appoints first editor-in-chief across parenting titles
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 10:50AM
Bauer Media has appointed former She magazine editor Claire Irvin as its first editor-in chief across its parenting portfolio of titles.
Irvin has joined from rival magazine publisher Hearst UK, where she worked as editor of She before its closure last year.
She has also been editor of Sugar and ELLEgirl, editor-at-large of Grazia and acting editor of Company.
In her new role, Irvin will work across the titles, Mother & Baby and Pregnancy & Birth, and the online brand www.askamum.co.uk.
Additionally, she will work on StorkUp, the digital start-up in which Bauer has invested that showcases baby and children's products available online.
Bauer Media said that Irvin will oversee a modernisation strategy in its approach to creating digital content, with a rage of apps planned to launch, along with tablet editions.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director Twist Recruitment £55000.00 - £650000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Content Manager/Editor Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned