Women's Aid launches first 3D cinema ad with real-time edit
Women's Aid, the anti-domestic violence charity, has launched its first 3D cinema ad, which the audience can edit in real-time.
The ad by WCRS will launch across cinemas from tomorrow to coincide with the launch of 'The Hobbit' in 3D.
The spot, called "blind eye", uses 3D stereoscopic technology. Viewers wearing 3D glasses can manipulate the ad by alternatively closing their eyes.
Viewers who close their left eye will see a fruit basket full of oranges and a women happily preparing dinner in her kitchen. However, when they use their other eye, they will see a fruit basket full of apples and a man with the woman who hits her and burns her hand of the hob. The audience can switch eyes throughout the ad to watch the different outcomes.
WCRS has worked in partnership with VFX Studio MPC Creative to develop the technology and direct the spot so viewers are able to edit the hard-hitting commercial in real time by opening and closing either their left or right eye one at a time.
The 65-second film features the haunting soundtrack of Massive Attack’s ‘Angel’. The ad ends with the strapline, "Will you turn a blind eye to domestic violence?"
The creatives behind the ad were Naz Nazli and Rob Welch. Ross Neil was the creative director who worked alongside the creative technologists Luke Walker and Hiren Jakison. The ad was directed by Chris Vincze.
Ross Neil, creative director at WCRS said: "3D technology has already opened up new exciting possibilities for advertising but we wanted to push it further and use it in a different, previously unexplored way."
Marai Larasi, co-chair of Women’s Aid, said: "The technology used to make this advert allows the viewer to choose whether they see the abuse that is happening behind closed doors in a relationship. The audience will have the ability to shut out the abuse and pretend it's not happening, or they can choose to view the reality of living with domestic violence."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Marketing Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'