HTC replaces Sony as mobile partner of Champions League
HTC has replaced Sony as the official mobile phone supplier for the Champions League and Europa League, after striking a three-year deal with UEFA.
Sony's mobile division had been a sponsor of Champions League football since 2009.
The Sony group will retain an association with the competition through its PlayStation brand.
UEFA, European football's governing body, extended its sponsorship agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment for the Champions League until 2015 and the UEFA Super Cup until 2014, back in April.
HTC claims it will use the sponsorship to deliver "surprising football experiences" to fans through its creative content and its latest technologies.
The agreement includes rights that will enable HTC to give its customers access to action through match tickets and exclusive content.
HTC’s branding will be included in the broadcast credits, on the competitions' websites and on match photographers' jackets.
The mobile manufacturer will use the sponsorship to tie in with its strategy of associating itself with the world of music, imaging, design and sport.
Recent high-profile partnerships include an on-going agreement with the MOBO awards and Rihanna's 777 World Tour.
The sponsorship deal begins on 1 January 2013 and will run until the end of the 2014/2015 football season.
It will also include the UEFA Super Cup final in 2013 and 2014, and the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final in 2013, 2014 and 2015.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Midweight Designer - Creative Agency - Old Street Twist Recruitment Ã‚£27000.00 - Ã‚£32000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Cars ! Ready for an immediate start or Jan 2015! Barker Graves £30/38K, central London
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London
- Senior PR & Comms Officer Stopgap Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£34700 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)