Rebekah Brooks paid £10.8m compensation
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 03:39PM
Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News International, received £10.8m compensation from the media company following her exit amid the phone hacking scandal.
Financial figures for News International Trading Limited, filed at Companies House, reveal that a News International director was paid £10.8m compensation for loss of office.
This director is understood to be Brooks.
The disclosure marks the first time that News International – publisher of The Sun and The Times titles – has confirmed how much Brooks was paid.
The accounts also reveal that News International is paying for the legal costs incurred by the various charges Brooks is fighting. These charges include the alleged hacking of voicemails of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.
The £10.8m figure is higher than previous reports, which was estimated to be more than £7m.
Brooks resigned from News International in July 2011 following the phone hacking scandal.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Coordinator Online Resourcing Attractive salary and benefits package, Hulland Ward, Ashbourne
- Account Director/Lead Media Planner - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum + fantastic benefits package, Hertford
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account
- Made.com makes Scottish Referendum marketing "blunder"