3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Justin Tindall
By Justin Tindall, group executive creative director, Leo Burnett London, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 13 December 2012 10:28AM
Justin Tindall, group executive creative director, Leo Burnett London reveals the three ad campaigns he admires but had nothing to do with.
About the series
In this series of short films, leading Thinkbox Creative Academy members have the tricky task of selecting just three TV ads that have inspired them: brilliant commercials, old and new, that they admire but had nothing to do with.
The idea is not only to explore some of our greatest ads in the company of people who know a thing or two about making them, but also – because of the proven link between creativity and effectiveness – encourage the advertising industry to even greater heights.
We hope you enjoy the films.
To see more in this series, visit the Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With archive
Justin Tindall, group executive creative director, Leo Burnett London
Attracted by the "ideas" side of advertising, Tindall, who graduated alongside Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin with a degree in Fine Art from Goldsmiths College, is the group executive creative director of Leo Burnett London.
Seven years at DDB London saw Justin become Head of Art, Creative Director, a member of the Exec Board and one of the most awarded Creatives in the World. His work for Volkswagen, Lurpak, Marmite, The Guardian and Harvey Nichols winning the top honours at all the World’s major Advertising Festivals including D&AD, Cannes Lions, BTAA Arrows, 'The One Show' and The Clios.
2006 saw Justin move to The Red Brick Road as Creative Partner where he oversaw multi-award winning campaigns for Heineken, Olympus, Thinkbox and Magners Cider.
In 2011, he served on the Cannes Lions Film jury. "Nothing moves you like moving pictures – moves you to tears, to laughter, to anger, to frustration," he said. "Good film work moves you to feel all these things. Great film work moves you to act."
His formula for picking the best work? "My Gold standard is simple: I wish I'd thought of that".
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Digital Designer/Developer Major Players £200 - £400 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief