JCDecaux and Mr Kipling rerun free cake campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 13 December 2012 11:00AM
JCDecaux has teamed up with the Mr Kipling brand to recreate its novel campaign that dispenses cakes from outdoor media sites for the festive period, following a successful run earlier this year.
The Premier Foods-owned brand is supporting the Mr Kipling Christmas range with its "Cake-to-go" marketing activity. 20 six-sheet poster sites around the UK will be turned into cake dispensers.
Creative work to support the Christmas range has been executed by JWT, with the media campaign planned and secured by Starcom through JCDecaux Innovate.
The special scented sites will dispense up to 500 free slices of Mr Kipling cakes at the touch of a button, as The Salvation Army’s version of 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' plays. Each slice of cake dispensed will equate to a donation to the charity.
The dispensers, which launched this week, will be operational for a fortnight, located on high streets and outside Asda and Morrisson’s supermarkets.
Iwan Williams, managing director, grocery and bakery, Premier Foods, said: "The repositioning of Mr Kipling with the new Snap Pack format is a key focus for Premier Foods. These cake-to-go dispensers are a great way to promote this format to consumers and drive awareness of our seasonal product range."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Publisher Development - Ad Tech Ultimate Asset £65000 - £90000 per annum + UNBEATABLE COMMISSION , City of London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER (FANTASTIC SALARY + LOCATION + BENEFITS) Ultimate Asset £27000 - £32000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Product Design Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £55000 per annum, Liverpool
- Head of Copy (Content) Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum, North London