IPC teams up with Microsoft for five-month ad blitz
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 13 December 2012 11:33AM
Microsoft is linking up with IPC's Marie Claire title in a five-month cross-platform campaign to promote its Windows Phone 8 range.
This marks the latest advertising support by Microsoft behind the range of phones, following the TV ads, starring James Corden and Holly Willoughby, which ran in November.
The campaign, created in-house, will run across online, print, mobile and e-newsletters. It kicks off this month and will run until April next year. The size of the deal is unclear.
Universal McCann planned and bought the deal.
Print activity will include a series of advertorials, which will show Marie Claire editors "styling up" their Windows Phones to suit their passions.
The mobile element of the campaign allows consumers to transform their smartphone screen to that of a personalised Windows Phone.
Central to the online campaign will be activity running on www.marieclaire.co.uk, which will include its first page morph, in which IPC's creative unit worked with ClickTag.
Visitors to the fashion channel will see the homepage fold into the background, to be replaced by a Windows Phone ad.
The website will also run tailored ad units, which will feature Microsoft brand ambassador Holly Willoughby.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show