Campaign Viral Chart: Kobe and Messi go head to head
Kobe Bryant and Lionel Messi put their talents to the test when they vie for a fan's attention in a campaign for Turkish Airlines, which leads this week's run down of the most-shared ads.
The ad by Alametifafrika for Turkish Airlines has been shared more than 920,000 times this week and viewed 43.7 million times, since it hit the web at the start of the month.
An ad for Spanish-speaking internet radio station Radio Globo is in second place with 85,293 shares this week. The ad, created by Medita, has been viewed more than 44 million times on YouTube.
Brave Robotics entered the chart for the first time with a demonstration of their half-scale transformer robot. The video by agency Cafe features a remote-controlled car split into pieces and reform as a humanoid robot. It has been shared more than 10,000 times this week.
Elsewhere in the chart, video ads for Justin Bieber's Girlfriend fragrance, the White House and Rhett & Link remain in the chart for another week.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Turkish Airlines 'legend on board' by Alametifarika
923,406 shares this week
All time: 982,906 shares
2. Radio Globo 'pulcino pio' by Medita
85,293 shares this week
All time: 2,336,255 shares
3. Rhett & Link 'how to kill a mustache' created in-house
47,029 shares this week
All time: 297,991 shares
4. NASA 'earth at night' created in-house
24,609 shares this week
All time: 29,813 shares
5. Victoria Secret 'beauty and a beat' by Madoff Productions
13,511 shares this week
All time: 103,241 shares
6. Justin Bieber 'Girlfriend official fragrance trailer' by BBH LA
11,931 shares this week
All time: 290,125 shares
7. White House 'Bo inspects the Christmas decorations' created in-house
11,761 shares this week
All time: 95,029 shares
8. Canada Tourism 'keep exploring' by DDB
11,424 shares this week
All time: 169,899 shares
9. Brave Robotics '1/2 scale transformer' by Cafe
10,643 shares this week
All time: 63,961 shares
10. NBA 'big: color' by Goodby Silverstein & Partners, USA
8,766 shares this week
All time: 137,000 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi and Beyonce lead celeb-heavy list
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google dominates top 10
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi Max stays on top
- Campaign Viral Chart: Dove men let their hair down
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nascar's Jeff Gordon takes a test drive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Harlem shake spoofs dominate chart
- Campaign Viral Chart: Zuckerberg and Gates line up to get kids coding
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google smashes the competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: David Beckham rises to the top chased by viral hit Sweet Brown
- Campaign Viral Chart: David Beckham H&M spot takes third place
- Campaign Viral Chart: Diet Coke 'hunk' rides out Super Bowl rush
- Campaign Viral Chart: Cristiano Ronaldo leads Nike's viral ad hat-trick
- Think BR: Microsoft signals break with digital media's past
- Top 10 Christmas ads 2012, as voted by mums
- Think BR: What are the supermarkets serving up for Christmas?
- Most read stories in advertising, marketing, media and PR (28 Oct - 3 Nov 2012)
- Campaign Viral Chart: Bond tops chart for Coke Zero
- Campaign Viral Chart: Brad Pitt's perfume spot overpowered by Red Bull skydive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Facebook debuts as social network reaches 1bn users
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Digital Account Manager - major group deals platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + +comm, London
- Digital Media Agency Account Director Ultimate Asset £50000 - £55000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web