Campaign Viral Chart: Kobe and Messi go head to head
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 December 2012 09:04AM
Kobe Bryant and Lionel Messi put their talents to the test when they vie for a fan's attention in a campaign for Turkish Airlines, which leads this week's run down of the most-shared ads.
The ad by Alametifafrika for Turkish Airlines has been shared more than 920,000 times this week and viewed 43.7 million times, since it hit the web at the start of the month.
An ad for Spanish-speaking internet radio station Radio Globo is in second place with 85,293 shares this week. The ad, created by Medita, has been viewed more than 44 million times on YouTube.
Brave Robotics entered the chart for the first time with a demonstration of their half-scale transformer robot. The video by agency Cafe features a remote-controlled car split into pieces and reform as a humanoid robot. It has been shared more than 10,000 times this week.
Elsewhere in the chart, video ads for Justin Bieber's Girlfriend fragrance, the White House and Rhett & Link remain in the chart for another week.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Turkish Airlines 'legend on board' by Alametifarika
923,406 shares this week
All time: 982,906 shares
2. Radio Globo 'pulcino pio' by Medita
85,293 shares this week
All time: 2,336,255 shares
3. Rhett & Link 'how to kill a mustache' created in-house
47,029 shares this week
All time: 297,991 shares
4. NASA 'earth at night' created in-house
24,609 shares this week
All time: 29,813 shares
5. Victoria Secret 'beauty and a beat' by Madoff Productions
13,511 shares this week
All time: 103,241 shares
6. Justin Bieber 'Girlfriend official fragrance trailer' by BBH LA
11,931 shares this week
All time: 290,125 shares
7. White House 'Bo inspects the Christmas decorations' created in-house
11,761 shares this week
All time: 95,029 shares
8. Canada Tourism 'keep exploring' by DDB
11,424 shares this week
All time: 169,899 shares
9. Brave Robotics '1/2 scale transformer' by Cafe
10,643 shares this week
All time: 63,961 shares
10. NBA 'big: color' by Goodby Silverstein & Partners, USA
8,766 shares this week
All time: 137,000 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Content Manager Pitch Consultants £32000 - £36000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Creative/Digital Artworker AF Selection £24,000 - £28,000 + excellent benefits , Warwickshire
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control