CRISTAL FESTIVAL: Publicis Groupe reorganised itself for Renault
Publicis Groupe has changed the way it works to reflect the reorganisation of the Renault marketing team as the advertising giant and car maker evolve away from the traditional relationship between a supplier and a client.
In a session at the Cristal festival at Crans-Montana in Switzerland yesterday (13 December) Dominique Musset, worldwide advertising director at Renault international, said Renault's marketers had found "new ways of working".
Musset said: "We pulled down walls restricting the way the marketing division worked together and with the communications division. We now have 360 -degree marketing and 360-degree communications.
"It worked so well we felt we could no longer work separately."
After Renault had restructured itself to become more integrated, its Publicis Groupe digital agency Moxie followed suit.
Musset said: "This might be a scoop, but Publicis is reorganising itself to help us. Once we agreed on the architecture it was not a traditional relationship between a supplier and client.
"It is indispensable to have people who are specialised and highly organised."
One of the major campaigns Moxie created for Renault (alongside Digitas France) is the car marque's partnership with the international DJ David Guetta, which featured revellers in a music video powering Renault's electric city vehicle, Twizy, by dancing on a special floor.
Gael Solignac-Erlong, deputy managing director, Moxie France, said the Guetta video generated more than three million views in the first week. Overall, it generated 700 blog posts, 4,300 tweets and more than €3.4m (£2.8m) worth of earned media.
Solignac-Erlong said: "Brands are getting digital and it changes everything. It changes the link, the relationship between the fans and the family of the artist."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show