C4 in major 4oD ad deal with Microsoft Windows 8
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 14 December 2012 10:48AM
Channel 4 has struck a major advertising partnership with Microsoft and developed the UK's first video-on-demand app for its Windows 8 platform.
As part of the deal, Channel 4 has tailored an exclusive ad package to promote Windows 8 on 4oD. It will run from today and run for three months and feature co-branded Windows 8 and 4oD idents, taking the first pre-roll ad slot across every 4oD platform for the next three months, from today.
Channel 4 is claiming the deal is the largest of its kind for 4oD. It is also launching co-branded TV ads which air tonight during the Simpsons on Channel 4.
The 4oD app for Windows 8 means users will be able to access Channel 4's content on demand across Microsoft products, including its Windows 8 Phone and Surface tablet.
The ads were created in-house by 4Creative and the package managed by Universal McCann. A Channel 4 spokeswoman did not disclose how much the deal was worth.
Michael McSharry, group digital manager at Channel 4, who managed the deal, said:
"It demonstrates how we can work with clients collaboratively to create something that is new to market, bespoke and one that utilises all our 4oD platforms as well as linking in to relevant content on Channel 4 to provide a fully integrated cross media brand experience."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Beyond The Book £negotiable, Birmingham, West Midlands
- SEO Manager Beyond The Book £25000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, Birmingham
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £80000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London