Johnnie Walker signs supermodel David Gandy as brand ambassador
Johnnie Walker, the whisky brand, has signed male supermodel David Gandy as the new brand ambassador for its luxury brand extension Blue Label.
The Diageo-owned drink is positioned as a "game-changing" product, and has chosen Gandy as its brand ambassador for his status as a successful British model.
Gandy rose to fame as the face of Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue fragrance in 2006.
He will now front the latest Johnnie Walker campaign, which launches later this month.
Alison Forestal, general manager, Diageo Reserve Brands, Western Europe, said: "David is the definitive modern gentleman and the ultimate ambassador for Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
"There is no better way to align our game-changing product proposition than by partnering with a contemporary, game-changing individual. We are extremely proud of the partnership and we look forward to working with David to continue our journey of setting definitive, international standards in whisky excellence."
In September, Johnnie Walker launched a global ad campaign focused on its "rich and intense" flavours, which aims to bring to life the craft of blending the brand collection.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control