Kuoni to debut first TV work in post-Christmas 'occasions' push
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 December 2012 09:33AM
Kuoni, the luxury tour operator, is launching its first ever TV campaign on Boxing Day, to encourage people to celebrate on holidays abroad.
The campaign, created by Brighton-based agency Designate, will run until 9 January, with media buying handled by MediaEdge CIA.
Two 30-second creatives will air. The first features a couple on their honeymoon in the Maldives, while the second encourages people to celebrate special occasions, such as birthdays, abroad.
Kuoni, which has traditionally used direct mail, press, email, digital, retail and trade marketing activity, said it is one of the largest travel brands to not currently use TV.
A spokesperson for Kuoni described TV as the "best medium to convey the emotion of taking holidays around special occasions" and said the company hopes to capitalise on the brand’s growing awareness among consumers as it expands its retail network.
Kuoni has opened 20 new shops on the high street in the past four years. In May the tour operator partnered with John Lewis to launch the first "shop within a shop", which offered Kuoni’s services as a concession within the retailer’s department stores.
Derek Jones, managing director, Kuoni, said: "Time away with our loved ones is so precious, to many it could be the true meaning of luxury and for others it’s the stuff family memories are made from.
"Television helps us to portray those heart-stirring emotions we feel when in an amazing location overseas, be it celebrating the start of married life together or any special occasion in your life. We can’t wait for audiences up and down the country to tune in and be moved to travel."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood