Kuoni to debut first TV work in post-Christmas 'occasions' push
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 December 2012 09:33AM
Kuoni, the luxury tour operator, is launching its first ever TV campaign on Boxing Day, to encourage people to celebrate on holidays abroad.
The campaign, created by Brighton-based agency Designate, will run until 9 January, with media buying handled by MediaEdge CIA.
Two 30-second creatives will air. The first features a couple on their honeymoon in the Maldives, while the second encourages people to celebrate special occasions, such as birthdays, abroad.
Kuoni, which has traditionally used direct mail, press, email, digital, retail and trade marketing activity, said it is one of the largest travel brands to not currently use TV.
A spokesperson for Kuoni described TV as the "best medium to convey the emotion of taking holidays around special occasions" and said the company hopes to capitalise on the brand’s growing awareness among consumers as it expands its retail network.
Kuoni has opened 20 new shops on the high street in the past four years. In May the tour operator partnered with John Lewis to launch the first "shop within a shop", which offered Kuoni’s services as a concession within the retailer’s department stores.
Derek Jones, managing director, Kuoni, said: "Time away with our loved ones is so precious, to many it could be the true meaning of luxury and for others it’s the stuff family memories are made from.
"Television helps us to portray those heart-stirring emotions we feel when in an amazing location overseas, be it celebrating the start of married life together or any special occasion in your life. We can’t wait for audiences up and down the country to tune in and be moved to travel."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account