Kuoni to debut first TV work in post-Christmas 'occasions' push
Kuoni, the luxury tour operator, is launching its first ever TV campaign on Boxing Day, to encourage people to celebrate on holidays abroad.
The campaign, created by Brighton-based agency Designate, will run until 9 January, with media buying handled by MediaEdge CIA.
Two 30-second creatives will air. The first features a couple on their honeymoon in the Maldives, while the second encourages people to celebrate special occasions, such as birthdays, abroad.
Kuoni, which has traditionally used direct mail, press, email, digital, retail and trade marketing activity, said it is one of the largest travel brands to not currently use TV.
A spokesperson for Kuoni described TV as the "best medium to convey the emotion of taking holidays around special occasions" and said the company hopes to capitalise on the brand’s growing awareness among consumers as it expands its retail network.
Kuoni has opened 20 new shops on the high street in the past four years. In May the tour operator partnered with John Lewis to launch the first "shop within a shop", which offered Kuoni’s services as a concession within the retailer’s department stores.
Derek Jones, managing director, Kuoni, said: "Time away with our loved ones is so precious, to many it could be the true meaning of luxury and for others it’s the stuff family memories are made from.
"Television helps us to portray those heart-stirring emotions we feel when in an amazing location overseas, be it celebrating the start of married life together or any special occasion in your life. We can’t wait for audiences up and down the country to tune in and be moved to travel."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition