Romeo Beckham to appear in Burberry ads
Burberry has hired Romeo Beckham, the 10-year-old son of David and Victoria Beckham, to appear in the global campaign for its Spring/Summer range.
The campaign, shot by renowned photographer Mario Testino, will include outdoor and print advertising, with multimedia content including images and video running online.
Activity will launch on 3 January with digital activity running on Burberry.com, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Sina Weibo, Douban, Kaixin001 and Youko.
Creative direction was by Burberry chief creative officer Christopher Bailey and aims to portray a "bright and playful celebration of the collection".
Bailey claims Beckham "was a joy to work with and really stole the show" during a shoot involving a young cast of old and new Burberry models.
Other models that will feature in the campaign include Cara Delevingne, Edie Campbell, Charlotte Wiggins, Charlie France, Alex Dunstan and Max Rendell.
The soundtrack to the campaign video is 'Another Love' by Tom O'Dell.
Burberry’s heavy focus on social networks for the campaign chimes with its focus on digital and come as it seeks to put mobile at the centre of its marketing efforts.
Research from Ofcom shows the surge in uptake of mobile internet is being driven by the popularity of social networking sites.
Media planning and buying for the campaign is being handled by Universal McCann.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign