Romeo Beckham to appear in Burberry ads
Burberry has hired Romeo Beckham, the 10-year-old son of David and Victoria Beckham, to appear in the global campaign for its Spring/Summer range.
The campaign, shot by renowned photographer Mario Testino, will include outdoor and print advertising, with multimedia content including images and video running online.
Activity will launch on 3 January with digital activity running on Burberry.com, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Sina Weibo, Douban, Kaixin001 and Youko.
Creative direction was by Burberry chief creative officer Christopher Bailey and aims to portray a "bright and playful celebration of the collection".
Bailey claims Beckham "was a joy to work with and really stole the show" during a shoot involving a young cast of old and new Burberry models.
Other models that will feature in the campaign include Cara Delevingne, Edie Campbell, Charlotte Wiggins, Charlie France, Alex Dunstan and Max Rendell.
The soundtrack to the campaign video is 'Another Love' by Tom O'Dell.
Burberry’s heavy focus on social networks for the campaign chimes with its focus on digital and come as it seeks to put mobile at the centre of its marketing efforts.
Research from Ofcom shows the surge in uptake of mobile internet is being driven by the popularity of social networking sites.
Media planning and buying for the campaign is being handled by Universal McCann.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Strategist - award winning brand consultancy JEFFERSON 80-90k plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design Director Major Players Ã‚£50000 - Ã‚£65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer x2 Major Players Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum, London
- Marketing and Insight Project Manager Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£400 per day, Bristol
- Digital Project Manager Major Players Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Benefits, London