Google+ reunites Wallace and Gromit stars for Christmas ad
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 December 2012 09:37AM
Google is reuniting the characters from the 'Wallace and Gromit' films for a festive video aimed at highlighting how Google+ can bring together family and friends.
Aardman Animations, the creators of Wallace and Gromit, has made the ad that stars the eponymous characters alongside Trixie and Captain Cuddlepuss from 'Creature Comforts' and Shaun the Sheep and Ginger from 'Chicken Run'.
Creative shows the characters using a Google+ Hangout, which supports a multi-person video chat with up to 10 screens, to open their presents together.
The YouTube video ends with the strapline, "Get the family together, wherever they are", and prompts people to invite their families to use the service.
Google has created a website to host the ad, which is designed to be a personalised video information that can be sent to friends and family. familyhangouts.withgoogle.com
Adam & Eve/DDB was behind the concept for the video, while Rehabstudio created the website. Essence is handling the media planning and buying for the campaign in the UK, US, Germany and France.
Google has also created a Holiday Effects app to run alongside the Hangout service, which allows people to put on a Santa hat, reindeer antlers or Wallace’s tank top.
Merlin Crossingham, creative director for Wallace and Gromit, said: "Seeing all of the Aardman characters coming together for the first time is something we are sure our fans the world over will absolutely love."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- DIGITAL ANALYTICS MANAGER Mortimer Spinks £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits, City of London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure