Wickes appoints OMD UK to search account
Wickes, the home improvements store, has appointed OMD UK to its search account after a competitive pitch involving Aegis Media's iProspect.
The incumbent on the account was search specialist Greenlight.
OMD won despite iProspect’s sister Aegis agency Carat picking up the Wickes £23m media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
Wickes introduced the Wickesy the dog in September, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam. The Engine-owned social media agency was appointed to its social media account in March after a pitch, which began in November 2011.
Following Jam's appointment Wickes made its first foray into social media in May when it launched the My Projects on Facebook. The app allow people to create a shareable digital portfolio for their DIY projects.
The hiring of Jam strengthened its relationship with Engine as it has worked with Partners Andrews Aldridge on its direct marketing since February 2011.
A spokeswoman for OMD UK declined to comment.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'