Wickes appoints OMD UK to search account
Wickes, the home improvements store, has appointed OMD UK to its search account after a competitive pitch involving Aegis Media's iProspect.
The incumbent on the account was search specialist Greenlight.
OMD won despite iProspect’s sister Aegis agency Carat picking up the Wickes £23m media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
Wickes introduced the Wickesy the dog in September, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam. The Engine-owned social media agency was appointed to its social media account in March after a pitch, which began in November 2011.
Following Jam's appointment Wickes made its first foray into social media in May when it launched the My Projects on Facebook. The app allow people to create a shareable digital portfolio for their DIY projects.
The hiring of Jam strengthened its relationship with Engine as it has worked with Partners Andrews Aldridge on its direct marketing since February 2011.
A spokeswoman for OMD UK declined to comment.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive to Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £21000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Assistant Vice President -Digital Marketing Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £46,000, London
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Product Marketing Manager - ethical business ADLIB Competitive , Gloucestershire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity