Dennis achieves first £1m month from digital ad sales
Dennis Interactive, the digital division of Dennis Publishing, is claiming its first ever £1million month from digital display revenue in November.
The division has seen particular success with new car reviews site, Carbuyer. Launched in November 2010, the site’s digital display revenue in 2012 has grown by over 140% year-on-year, and is now Dennis’s second largest website by revenue.
Its stablemate, Auto Express relaunched in July, and delivered its highest ever revenues, up 26% year-on-year for 2012.
Dennis is also reporting "great success" with The Week digital edition, which it rolled out from iPad to iPhone and Kindle Fire, and achieved more than 2.8 million digital copies downloaded worldwide this year.
Dennis sells digital subscriptions via the Apple’s App Store and direct bundle subscriptions, which is said to have resulted in subscriptions for The Week growing at 10% month on month.
Other highlights cited include Expert Reviews, which recently celebrated its third birthday with 1.6m monthly unique users in November, and fellow tech site Know Your Mobile has more than 3.5million global monthly users.
Paul Lomax, chief technology officer at Dennis Publishing, told Media Week: "2012 has been a great year for Dennis Interactive, with so many of our pure-play launches bearing fruit in terms of both traffic and revenue, and solid performances from our multimedia brands.
"We’ve had a real boost from our recent investment in technology and user experience. Towards the end of 2011 we built an innovative platform on top of the open-source Drupal content management system (CMS). Since then we have relaunched three of our key websites, with six more going live early next year, and have launched eight new sites to boot. We hope to migrate all our remaining sites in 2013."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Website Content Coordinator - Charity CHM Circa £25,000 per annum , Cannock, Staffordshire
- Junior Consultant - Qualitative Research Trace £24,000 to £28,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media