Dennis achieves first £1m month from digital ad sales
Dennis Interactive, the digital division of Dennis Publishing, is claiming its first ever £1million month from digital display revenue in November.
The division has seen particular success with new car reviews site, Carbuyer. Launched in November 2010, the site’s digital display revenue in 2012 has grown by over 140% year-on-year, and is now Dennis’s second largest website by revenue.
Its stablemate, Auto Express relaunched in July, and delivered its highest ever revenues, up 26% year-on-year for 2012.
Dennis is also reporting "great success" with The Week digital edition, which it rolled out from iPad to iPhone and Kindle Fire, and achieved more than 2.8 million digital copies downloaded worldwide this year.
Dennis sells digital subscriptions via the Apple’s App Store and direct bundle subscriptions, which is said to have resulted in subscriptions for The Week growing at 10% month on month.
Other highlights cited include Expert Reviews, which recently celebrated its third birthday with 1.6m monthly unique users in November, and fellow tech site Know Your Mobile has more than 3.5million global monthly users.
Paul Lomax, chief technology officer at Dennis Publishing, told Media Week: "2012 has been a great year for Dennis Interactive, with so many of our pure-play launches bearing fruit in terms of both traffic and revenue, and solid performances from our multimedia brands.
"We’ve had a real boost from our recent investment in technology and user experience. Towards the end of 2011 we built an innovative platform on top of the open-source Drupal content management system (CMS). Since then we have relaunched three of our key websites, with six more going live early next year, and have launched eight new sites to boot. We hope to migrate all our remaining sites in 2013."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Category manager - ontrade / Convenience Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum, West London
- SEO Consultant - Rapidly Growing Agency!!! SAVVY Media Ltd £20K - 25K, Luton, Bedfordshire
- Senior brand manager - perfume Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again