Dennis achieves first £1m month from digital ad sales
Dennis Interactive, the digital division of Dennis Publishing, is claiming its first ever £1million month from digital display revenue in November.
The division has seen particular success with new car reviews site, Carbuyer. Launched in November 2010, the site’s digital display revenue in 2012 has grown by over 140% year-on-year, and is now Dennis’s second largest website by revenue.
Its stablemate, Auto Express relaunched in July, and delivered its highest ever revenues, up 26% year-on-year for 2012.
Dennis is also reporting "great success" with The Week digital edition, which it rolled out from iPad to iPhone and Kindle Fire, and achieved more than 2.8 million digital copies downloaded worldwide this year.
Dennis sells digital subscriptions via the Apple’s App Store and direct bundle subscriptions, which is said to have resulted in subscriptions for The Week growing at 10% month on month.
Other highlights cited include Expert Reviews, which recently celebrated its third birthday with 1.6m monthly unique users in November, and fellow tech site Know Your Mobile has more than 3.5million global monthly users.
Paul Lomax, chief technology officer at Dennis Publishing, told Media Week: "2012 has been a great year for Dennis Interactive, with so many of our pure-play launches bearing fruit in terms of both traffic and revenue, and solid performances from our multimedia brands.
"We’ve had a real boost from our recent investment in technology and user experience. Towards the end of 2011 we built an innovative platform on top of the open-source Drupal content management system (CMS). Since then we have relaunched three of our key websites, with six more going live early next year, and have launched eight new sites to boot. We hope to migrate all our remaining sites in 2013."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'