RKCR/Y&R seeks replacement for departing Toby Talbot
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 December 2012 10:05AM
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is on the lookout for a new executive creative director to replace Toby Talbot, who is leaving after just a year in the role.
Talbot is leaving the agency for "personal reasons" because his family wish to return to New Zealand, where they spent 15 years prior to Talbot taking the London-based RKCR/Y&R role.
RKCR/Y&R aims to hire externally to replace Talbot when he leaves for New Zealand at the end of February.
The agency brought in Talbot last December to replace Damon Collins, who left the agency alongside chief executive Richard Exon, to launch Joint.
Ben Kay, who replaced Exon as chief executive, said: "We’ve loved having Toby at the agency, albeit for a short time. He’s been a great cultural and creative influence on the agency, has brought in some great new talent, and has done some superb work across a range of clients.
"Toby leaves the agency in great shape, with RKCR/Y&R having won seven of its last nine pitches, most recently the Vodafone Digital account."
Talbot is in discussions with agencies about new opportunities in New Zealand.
He began his career in the UK, working at agencies including Chetwynd Haddons, Laing Henry and McCann Erickson.
He moved to New Zealand 16 years ago to join Colenso BBDO, where he worked his way up to executive creative director, before leaving to head the creative department at Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand.
Talbot spent two years at Saatchis, but left in 2007 to join DDB New Zealand in the ECD role.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake