ITV secures This Morning sofa product placement from DFS
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:30AM
ITV has agreed the third product-placement deal for daytime show 'This Morning', with DFS providing sofas for the set for a year from today.
The sofas will not be DFS-branded and the placement will be advertised on air only once, with a message shown on-screen during today’s show.
The deal is understood to be worth a low six-figure sum and was brokered by DFS’ media agency MediaCom’s Beyond Advertising division.
It includes an off-air licensing agreement allowing DFS to use the ‘This Morning’ logo in-store and online and a dedicated area of ITV.com showcasing the partnership, DFS product ranges and competitions.
‘This Morning’ secured the first product placement deal in UK commercial television history in February 2011, after media regulator Ofcom liberalised rules. Nestle coffee brand Dolce Gusto paid a sum believed to be £100,000 to have its coffee machine placed in the kitchen, which was arranged by Mindshare.
While the Dolce Gusto deal has lapsed, a second deal was agreed in September 2012 by ZenithOptimedia branded content agency Newcast for B&Q to supply the kitchen for the programme for two years.
ITV’s other PP deals include a Nationwide cash machine in ‘Coronation Street’ and Samsung technology in ‘The X Factor’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show