Gocompare hires Stephen Hawking to save nation from Gio Compario
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 January 2013 11:28AM
Gocompare.com is bringing out an ad that shows theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking creating a black hole to save the nation from annoying tenor Gio Compario.
The latest execution in the ‘Saving The Nation’ campaign kicks off with the former Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University giving a lecture on how he has "finally calculated and formulised the exact conditions needed to generate a super massive black hole".
After an audience member asks what Hawking will do with his discovery, the ad cuts to Gio Compario being sucked into a black hole.
Dare created the ad and media planning and buying has been handled by Carat.
Hawking said: "I confess I am a fan of the Gocompare.com adverts, but I am also an opera fan, so I was delighted to be given the opportunity to help save the nation and silence Gio. I hope the public find it as funny as I did."
The execution is drawing attention to the comparison website’s claim that it can save people up to £299 on their car insurance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Advertising Sales Manager / Senior Advertising Exec - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + COMMISSION , London
- Senior Marketing Executive - Seiko UK Ltd. Ball & Hoolahan Not Disclosed, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers