Gocompare hires Stephen Hawking to save nation from Gio Compario
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 January 2013 11:28AM
Gocompare.com is bringing out an ad that shows theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking creating a black hole to save the nation from annoying tenor Gio Compario.
The latest execution in the ‘Saving The Nation’ campaign kicks off with the former Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University giving a lecture on how he has "finally calculated and formulised the exact conditions needed to generate a super massive black hole".
After an audience member asks what Hawking will do with his discovery, the ad cuts to Gio Compario being sucked into a black hole.
Dare created the ad and media planning and buying has been handled by Carat.
Hawking said: "I confess I am a fan of the Gocompare.com adverts, but I am also an opera fan, so I was delighted to be given the opportunity to help save the nation and silence Gio. I hope the public find it as funny as I did."
The execution is drawing attention to the comparison website’s claim that it can save people up to £299 on their car insurance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CREATIVE STRATEGIST - COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Marketing Designer - £22k to £27k - Leading gaming company Digital Gurus Negotiable, London
- Retail Marketing Executive Major Players £30000 - £33000 per annum, Surrey
- Front-end Developer become £28k-£33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Media Executive Network Career Consultants £23000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers