Dreams to sponsor Celebrity Big Brother
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:32PM
Channel 5 has signed up bed retailer Dreams to sponsor the new series of 'Celebrity Big Brother', which starts tomorrow (3 January).
The deal was brokered by Dreams’ media agency Starcom. Dreams sponsored 'Celebrity Big Brother’ in 2009 and 2010, when the show was screened by Channel 4, but this is the first time it has sponsored the show on Channel 5.
Contestants in this year’s show include ‘The X Factor’ contender Rylan Clarke, while according to media speculation, ‘Neighbours’ actor Ryan Moloney and jockey Frankie Dettori are also likely to feature.
Last year’s ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ was sponsored by broadband provider Plusnet and Denise Welch's victory in the final recorded a peak audience of 3.8 million viewers.
Nick Bampton, Channel 5 commercial sales director said: "Our ambition in 2013 is for Channel 5 to continue developing and innovating the most creative and commercial partnerships on TV.
"We are therefore delighted to kick off the year with news that Dreams will be sponsoring 'Celebrity Big Brother', the show which last January reached more young adults than any other programme on commercial TV."
Debbie Godfrey, media controller at Dreams, said: "We are delighted to be associated with a show of this scale – it is the perfect vehicle in enabling Dreams to dominate the media landscape and raise awareness of the brand, particularly during our critical sales period."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media