WPP invests $70m in minority stake in Globant
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 January 2013 10:18AM
WPP has acquired 20% of Globant, an international technology services provider headquartered in Buenos Aires, for approximately $70m (£43m).
Globant works for WPP client American Express, as well as WPP agencies JWT, Young & Rubicam, Grey, GroupM and Kantar. Its other clients include JP Morgan Chase, LinkedIn, Google and Coca-Cola.
Globant was launched in Argentina in 2003 and now employs 2,700 engineers, marketing specialists and designers in 21 offices across Latin America, the UK and the US.
WPP’s move comes within six months of it paying $540m to acquire all of AKQA and of rival Publicis Groupe paying $539m to acquire LBi, both technology and creative-focused agencies.
WPP claimed Globant was "unique" in that "it provides clients with both the infrastructure and technical support that drive digital marketing campaigns, combined with the creative and design skills usually found alone in digital agencies".
In 2011, Globant generated net revenues of $90m (£55m), AKQA generated revenues of $189m (£116m), and LBi, net revenues of €196.6m (approximately $255m).
Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, said: "Partnering with Globant will allow our companies to increasingly provide our clients with insights and skills that will make their digital marketing efforts even more effective and simpler to manage, at both the front and back ends."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Jarlett de Grouchy £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Great benefits, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £40000 per annum, Hemel Hempstead
- PR & Analyst Relations Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £70000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch