Mobile handset brand HTC brings in Harvard for European work
Harvard PR Germany has been appointed by HTC following a multi-stage pitch process.
Chime Communications-owned Harvard will handle media relations for the Taiwanese mobile brand in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. HTC previously worked with Bite Communications in these regions.
The activity across the three countries will be handled from Harvard’s German office, with the agency reporting to regional HTC head of marketing Martin Kang and marketing manager Nadine Deissenroth.
HTC's PR activity is handled by a number of different agencies in different regions, including Nelson Bostock Group in the UK and Europe and Waggener Edstrom and the Hollenbeck Group in the Americas.
Harvard managing director Oliver Sturz said: 'HTC is a perfect addition to our client portfolio and expertise, which vary from a tech- and product-driven PR approach to a creative consumer-focused brand communication. As one of the top five smartphone vendors worldwide and as a trendsetter in this industry, there are a lot of great stories to tell about the brand HTC.'
HTC recently agreed a deal with UEFA to sponsor the Champions League and Europa League, replacing Sony as its official mobile phone supplier, boosting its association with sport. The deal includes rights that will enable HTC to offer customers exclusive access to match tickets and exclusive content.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency