MasterCard signs Rita Ora to front 'Priceless Remakes' campaign
MasterCard has recruited pop music artists Rita Ora, Conor Maynard and Delilah to front a campaign promoting the fifteenth year of its sponsorship of The BRIT Awards.
The payments brand will today (7 January) launch ‘Priceless Remakes’, which will offer cardholders the opportunity to star in a music video to be broadcast on the night of The BRITs on Tuesday 20 February on ITV1.
Entrants will be invited to film a clip of themselves recreating a music video by one of Rita Ora, Conor Maynard and Delilah, and upload it to a dedicated campaign website Somethingforthefans.co.uk.
Three winning videos will be selected by the featured artists, and the participants will then be invited to star in ‘Priceless Remakes’ to be screened as idents during The BRIT Awards.
The campaign, by McCann London, will include TV, print, outdoor, digital and social media activity, including promotion via the artists’ own Twitter and Facebook channels.
Rita Ora, Conor Maynard and Delilah are each set to perform exclusive concerts for Mastercard customers later in 2013.
Shaun Springer, head of brand and sponsorship at MasterCard UK & Ireland, said: "Priceless Remakes taps into the passion of real music fans and brings them closer than ever to the artists they love, in a new and exciting way. It’s a truly priceless experience, which is set to excite and entertain all music fans – not just the winners."
Last year, MasterCard offered consumers the chance to duet with artists such as Labrinth, JLS or Emeli Sande, with the latter featuring in subsequent MasterCard activity throughout the year.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'