Leo Burnett unveils first TV ad for Co-op Funeralcare
Leo Burnett unveils its first ad campaign for The Co-operative Funeralcare today after winning the account in May.
The moving campaign, 'Smile', which includes TV, press, radio, outdoor and digital activity will launch on ITV with a 40-second spot. A shorter 30-second ad will also be shown.
The ad features a bereaved wife who is taken on a detour on the way to her husband's funeral, passing along a bridge that looks down over his favourite fishing spot, where fellow fisherman bow to pay their respects.
A narrator explains that a funeral is more than just flowers, cars and music, and that at Funeralcare, it's about finding those personal touches, such as changing the route to prompt a happy memory.
The TV ad was directed by Oscar-nominated director Peter Cattaneo, who was behind 'The Full Monty'.
The copywriter on the ad was Graham Lakeland and the art director was Richard Robinson. Creative directors included Tony Malcolm and Guy Moore. Rocket was the media agency behind the ad. The production company was Academy Films.
Lorinda Robinson, head of marketing at The Co-operative Funeralcare, said: The business has been a pioneer in TV advertising in the funeral industry and the new advert highlights how, as the UK's leading funeral director, we ensure that every funeral we arrange is completely personal and unique."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign