Starbucks celebrates Mondays and discounts breakfast lattes
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 07 January 2013 12:41PM
Starbucks has launched a campaign that celebrates special events that occurred on Mondays, such as Big Ben's first "bong", which took place in July 1859.
The campaign by AMV BBDO also remembers the UK’s first weekly weather forecast on February 1878, and the UK's first cinema, which opened in July 1901.
The campaign follows the fallout from the controversy over Starbuck's UK tax avoidance operation, which critics claim inflicted serious damage on the brand.
Jess Stoller, Starbucks partner, said: "Monday morning can be tough for everyone – the excitement of the weekend can feel like a distant memory. We aim to stay cheerful and make sure our customers are always greeted by a friendly upbeat welcome. We're not just trained to make a coffee how each customer wants it – we’re also passionate about providing a great service."
The campaign launch comes as Starbucks begins a sale on its lattes, discounted from £2.10 to £1.50, if they are purchased before 11am on Mondays.
The offer is being promoted through online, national print and outdoor advertising, as well as in-store activity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Freelance Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £20 - £21 per hour, London
- Freelance Senior Designer Purple Consultancy £200 - £250 per day, London
- Account Director or Group Accoutn Director Major Players £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Client Services Director Purple Consultancy £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad