Sainsbury's to put content at heart of marketing strategy
Sainsbury's is to make content a central pillar of its marketing, merging its content and digital teams to deliver the strategy.
Head of online marketing Joel Dawson will lead the combined team, with head of content Sarah Ellis moving across to the PR department on a temporary 'broadening assignment'.
The increasing focus on content is intended to help deliver the supermarket's 'Live well for less' brand promise to its customers.
Sainsbury's marketing director Sarah Warby told Marketing:'If you are not feeling and acting like a publisher, you are missing a massive trick.'
The decision to create the combined team comes on the back of 'phenomenal' traffic to Sainsbury's Tu clothing website, which acts as a content portal and currently has no transactional element.
Sainsbury's is making further strides into content with the development of an ad-funded TV show called What's Cooking. The 13-week series is expected to air on weekdays on Channel 4.
Ellis featured in last year's Marketing Power 100 Next Generation, which highlights the best young marketing talent in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account