Barclaycard drafts in Virgin Media marketer for digital programme
Barclaycard has beefed up its marketing team ahead of the launch of its digital marketplace, hiring Virgin Media marketer Chris Bibby to oversee activity backing the roll-out.
The payments brand will launch a digital rewards and offers scheme this year, targeting consumers with deals and promotions tailored to their age, income and spending behaviour. Barclaycard is in the process of signing up partner businesses via a dedicated merchant portal.
Bibby has been hired on a temporary contract as head of marketing for the scheme, overseeing the launch advertising and acquisition marketing. He had spent six years at Virgin Media, where he rose to marketing director, direct and customer; it will not look to hire a direct replacement.
Bibby joins ex-BMI marketing director Stuart Beamish on the team. Beamish, who joined Barclaycard in October, has previously held marketing roles at British Airways.
In November, Barclaycard rolled out its biggest ad campaign in almost three years, featuring a magic toyshop.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'