Unilever's Surf introduces foam brand character
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 January 2013 09:54AM
Unilever is introducing the first brand character for its laundry brand Surf, in a campaign created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
From this week, consumers will be introduced to Surfy – an animated character that is formed from foam out of a Surf bottle – across TV and digital platforms.
The ad shows Surfy making his way through a festival and blowing fragranced bubbles at the crowd. The character then appears on stage and crowd surfs through the audience, spreading "fresh fragrance and energy".
The ad ends with the strapline, "Surf… for a celebration of fragrance that lasts and lasts."
Clare Logan, brand manager for Surf at Unilever UK, said:: "As a brand, Surf is continuously aiming to push the boundaries of creative marketing and, after 60 years in the laundry category, we are very excited to be introducing our first brand character; Surfy.
"As fragrance is a key sales driver in the laundry category, we wanted to capitalise on this growing opportunity by creating a personality consumers will recognise and relate to the brand, that also embodies the fragrance and delight Surf brings to laundry."
Previous marketing activity for the brand includes sponsorship of ITV2’s ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ throughout 2012 in a seven-figure multimedia deal across broadcast, online and mobile platforms.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- eCom / Retail Marketing Manager (B2C) - Online Homewares Retailer Recruitment Revolution £45,000 + £5k bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol