Unilever's Surf introduces foam brand character
Unilever is introducing the first brand character for its laundry brand Surf, in a campaign created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
From this week, consumers will be introduced to Surfy – an animated character that is formed from foam out of a Surf bottle – across TV and digital platforms.
The ad shows Surfy making his way through a festival and blowing fragranced bubbles at the crowd. The character then appears on stage and crowd surfs through the audience, spreading "fresh fragrance and energy".
The ad ends with the strapline, "Surf… for a celebration of fragrance that lasts and lasts."
Clare Logan, brand manager for Surf at Unilever UK, said:: "As a brand, Surf is continuously aiming to push the boundaries of creative marketing and, after 60 years in the laundry category, we are very excited to be introducing our first brand character; Surfy.
"As fragrance is a key sales driver in the laundry category, we wanted to capitalise on this growing opportunity by creating a personality consumers will recognise and relate to the brand, that also embodies the fragrance and delight Surf brings to laundry."
Previous marketing activity for the brand includes sponsorship of ITV2’s ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ throughout 2012 in a seven-figure multimedia deal across broadcast, online and mobile platforms.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Unilever hits milestone of 50bn Euros in annual sales
- Waitrose drops Delia but keeps Heston for future activity
- Publicis acquisition to bolster BBH's mobile credentials
- Unilever consolidates global Persil/Omo account into Lowe
- Advertising Agency of the Year: Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- Usain Bolt extends Virgin Media partnership
- Sales Support Assistant Hays Information Technology £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum, Christchurch
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Client Director - Branding to £60k Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - famous global agency -- £35k + bens Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web