Nexus/H appoints former iris chief Tom Poynter as group MD
Nexus/H has appointed Tom Poynter, former joint chief executive of iris London, as its group managing director.
Poynter who left iris in November after three years, will start at the Tunbridge Wells-based agency on 1 February . He will replace Ian Norman who will leave the agency to pursue other interests, after handing over day-to-day responsibilities to Poynter.
Poynter left iris after deciding he no longer wanted to commute to London and wanted to spend more time with his family. He had joined the agency as managing director of its digital division from LBi, where he was client partner. He was promoted to joint chief executive of Iris last year.
Poynter said: "Nexus/H is a real out-of-town challenger agency that has strong foundations in marketing communications, as well as a talented team that has been built up with maturity over its 40-year history.
"With its truly full-service offering including integrated strategic planning and media buying, I can't wait to get started to develop the agency for the future and ensure it pushes the boundaries of marketing excellence."
Norman said: "Tom’s unique agency and commercial experience presents a tremendous opportunity for Nexus/H to extend and enhance its client offering and future business capabilities."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show