Guardian teams up with VisitEngland for travel push
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 January 2013 11:44AM
The Guardian is kicking off a significant push for its travel content that will include publishing dedicated editorial supplements and strengthening its online travel offering.
The Guardian has teamed up with VisitEngland for a three-month partnership called 'Think Of England'.
The main elements of the campaign, which was planned and bought through MediaCom, include six themed editorial supplements and a video series presented by the writer Marcel Theroux, showcasing ‘hidden England".
In addition, The Guardian travel site will be launching an England tab, in which all archived, current and future England-related Guardian travel content will be included.
Overall, the campaign will promote a number of themes that aim to highlight some of the best holiday experiences on offer in England, including romantic cities, cultural cities, coastal escapes and active outdoors.
The themes have been chosen by VisitEngland, which is working in partnership with a number of destinations around the country to promote the wide variety and breadth of experience on offer to visitors.
The Guardian activity kicked off with a 28-page calendar distributed on January 5, and the activity will be supported by promotional activity in the newspaper. This includes promotional ads in the main paper, and digital ads on guardian.co.uk and across The Guardian's mobile site.
Coverwraps will also be used to promote England as a must-see destination on The Guardian's weekday supplement G2, and in the travel supplements in The Guardian on Saturday.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad