Guardian teams up with VisitEngland for travel push
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 January 2013 11:44AM
The Guardian is kicking off a significant push for its travel content that will include publishing dedicated editorial supplements and strengthening its online travel offering.
The Guardian has teamed up with VisitEngland for a three-month partnership called 'Think Of England'.
The main elements of the campaign, which was planned and bought through MediaCom, include six themed editorial supplements and a video series presented by the writer Marcel Theroux, showcasing ‘hidden England".
In addition, The Guardian travel site will be launching an England tab, in which all archived, current and future England-related Guardian travel content will be included.
Overall, the campaign will promote a number of themes that aim to highlight some of the best holiday experiences on offer in England, including romantic cities, cultural cities, coastal escapes and active outdoors.
The themes have been chosen by VisitEngland, which is working in partnership with a number of destinations around the country to promote the wide variety and breadth of experience on offer to visitors.
The Guardian activity kicked off with a 28-page calendar distributed on January 5, and the activity will be supported by promotional activity in the newspaper. This includes promotional ads in the main paper, and digital ads on guardian.co.uk and across The Guardian's mobile site.
Coverwraps will also be used to promote England as a must-see destination on The Guardian's weekday supplement G2, and in the travel supplements in The Guardian on Saturday.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London