Adidas celebrates Messi's World Player of the Year award
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 January 2013 11:45AM
Adidas has launched an online campaign to celebrate brand ambassador Leo Messi winning the Fifa World Player of the Year for the fourth year running.
The Barcelona star was given the honour at last night's Fifa gala in Zurich for breaking a record by scoring 91 goals in 2012.
The campaign, created by iris Worldwide with illustration by Hotspur & Argyle’s Richard Swarbrick, features examples in moving sketches of some of Messi’s greatest goals. The one-minute 20-second film then shows Messi celebrating his goals with his teammates and exposing his adidas shirt.
The editor on the campaign was Simon Hargood at the Assembly Rooms, iris Worldwide’s producer was Fiona Campbell and creative was Adam Fish. Danny Fleet produced for Hotspur and Argyle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - 9 month maternity cover The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £70K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £63000 + pension + additional benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Licensing Senior Category Manager - Valencia Spain . 75,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment 75,000 EUROS, Spain
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media