Department of Health anti smoking ad becomes its most viewed online
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 09 January 2013 09:17AM
The Department for Health's hard-hitting anti-smoking advert has become the most viewed video on its YouTube channel.
The campaign, ‘Mutations’, which launched at the end of last year, has become the DoH’s most popular video online with over two million hits on its YouTube channel.
The ad, created by Dare and Now, features a tumour growing on a cigarette as it is smoked. It is the first shock anti-smoking ad since the 'Fatty Cigarette' campaign by the British Heart Foundation in 2006.
The copywriter on the ad was Stuart Woodall with art direction by Sean Vrabel. The creative directors were Nick Bird and Lee Smith.
Sheila Mitchell, marketing director, Department of Health, said: "Already the advert has had a tremendous impact and, because so many people are talking about it, we’re seeing record numbers flock to our channel to view it themselves.
"We aimed to strike a nerve with the campaign and these viewing figures show that it has already become a talking point."
The advert presents smokers with the shocking truth behind cigarettes and encourages those trying to quit to pick up a free Quit Kit from their local pharmacy to help them along their journey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad