Department of Health anti smoking ad becomes its most viewed online
The Department for Health's hard-hitting anti-smoking advert has become the most viewed video on its YouTube channel.
The campaign, ‘Mutations’, which launched at the end of last year, has become the DoH’s most popular video online with over two million hits on its YouTube channel.
The ad, created by Dare and Now, features a tumour growing on a cigarette as it is smoked. It is the first shock anti-smoking ad since the 'Fatty Cigarette' campaign by the British Heart Foundation in 2006.
The copywriter on the ad was Stuart Woodall with art direction by Sean Vrabel. The creative directors were Nick Bird and Lee Smith.
Sheila Mitchell, marketing director, Department of Health, said: "Already the advert has had a tremendous impact and, because so many people are talking about it, we’re seeing record numbers flock to our channel to view it themselves.
"We aimed to strike a nerve with the campaign and these viewing figures show that it has already become a talking point."
The advert presents smokers with the shocking truth behind cigarettes and encourages those trying to quit to pick up a free Quit Kit from their local pharmacy to help them along their journey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham