Giffgaff appoints Fallon to its ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 09 January 2013 11:46AM
Giffgaff, O2's online SIM-only mobile network, has appointed Fallon to its advertising account.
Fallon picked up the business after a pitch, run through the AAR, against Creature and The Brooklyn Brothers, which kicked off in September last year.
The mobile brand split with Albion, its incumbent of three years, prior to calling the review. The shake-up came six months after the arrival of former Procter & Gamble marketer Emma Jenkins as chief marketing officer at Giffgaff.
Jenkins said: "It's fantastic to have Fallon working with us. We are looking forward to delivering creative campaigns in a Giffgaff way".
Fallon will start working with Giffgaff straight away.
Gail Gallie, chief executive of Fallon, said: "Giffgaff has a brilliantly innovative approach to their business, and has real ambition to challenge the category."
Giffgaff’s most recent advertising includes its sponsorship of E4’s ‘The Big Bang Theory’. The sponsorship idents asked consumers to suggest which items it should blow up, with one of the executions featuring an exploding cake.
Albion led brand development for the business since its launch, having been appointed by O2 in May 2009 after a pitch also via the AAR.
The agency’s remit included all advertising, social media, website design and film idents for the brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire