Fold7 scoops Gumtree advertising account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Gumtree, the classifieds site that spends £3 million on advertising, has appointed Fold7 as its new creative agency after a pitch.
Fold7 will be responsible for creative strategy, advertising and brand communications, and its first campaign will break early this year.
Gumtree, which kicked off the pitch last year, most recently worked with Beta.
Beta created the brand’s first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up campaign, which broke in March 2011, featured three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It’s local, it’s quick and it’s free."
Hamish Stone, the head of marketing at Gumtree, said: "We were looking for a best-in-class communications partner with a passion for excellent execution of multimedia campaigns and great strategic planning. Fold7 demonstrated all of these things during the pitch process and we look forward to working with them."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign