Fold7 scoops Gumtree advertising account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Gumtree, the classifieds site that spends £3 million on advertising, has appointed Fold7 as its new creative agency after a pitch.
Fold7 will be responsible for creative strategy, advertising and brand communications, and its first campaign will break early this year.
Gumtree, which kicked off the pitch last year, most recently worked with Beta.
Beta created the brand’s first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up campaign, which broke in March 2011, featured three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It’s local, it’s quick and it’s free."
Hamish Stone, the head of marketing at Gumtree, said: "We were looking for a best-in-class communications partner with a passion for excellent execution of multimedia campaigns and great strategic planning. Fold7 demonstrated all of these things during the pitch process and we look forward to working with them."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch