Fold7 scoops Gumtree advertising account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Gumtree, the classifieds site that spends £3 million on advertising, has appointed Fold7 as its new creative agency after a pitch.
Fold7 will be responsible for creative strategy, advertising and brand communications, and its first campaign will break early this year.
Gumtree, which kicked off the pitch last year, most recently worked with Beta.
Beta created the brand’s first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up campaign, which broke in March 2011, featured three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It’s local, it’s quick and it’s free."
Hamish Stone, the head of marketing at Gumtree, said: "We were looking for a best-in-class communications partner with a passion for excellent execution of multimedia campaigns and great strategic planning. Fold7 demonstrated all of these things during the pitch process and we look forward to working with them."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show