Fold7 scoops Gumtree advertising account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Gumtree, the classifieds site that spends £3 million on advertising, has appointed Fold7 as its new creative agency after a pitch.
Fold7 will be responsible for creative strategy, advertising and brand communications, and its first campaign will break early this year.
Gumtree, which kicked off the pitch last year, most recently worked with Beta.
Beta created the brand’s first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up campaign, which broke in March 2011, featured three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It’s local, it’s quick and it’s free."
Hamish Stone, the head of marketing at Gumtree, said: "We were looking for a best-in-class communications partner with a passion for excellent execution of multimedia campaigns and great strategic planning. Fold7 demonstrated all of these things during the pitch process and we look forward to working with them."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne