Brewing giants seek media agency to help boost sector
The Global Brewers Initiative, created by a consortium of the nation's largest brewers, is looking for a media agency to handle its estimated £3 million account.
The initiative, which comprises brewers including Anheuser-Busch Inbev, Molson Coors and Budweiser Budvar UK working alongside the British Beer & Pub Association, aims to improve the public’s opinion of beer and revive the sector. The consortium has engaged AAR to oversee the review.
In May last year, the brewers appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle the advertising campaign for the launch. RKCR/Y&R won the business after a four-month pitch process against DLKW Lowe, Now and 101.
The agency has been tasked with creating a campaign, which is expected to break later this year, to help change attitudes towards the brewing industry and reflect the positive approach that brewers have taken in promoting responsible drinking.
The Global Brewers Initiative was founded in 2010. Part of its remit also includes supporting the industry on issues such as beer excise and commercial freedom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business