YouView kicks off review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
YouView is looking for a new advertising agency to handle its £10 million account after splitting with the incumbent, Adam & Eve/DDB.
The internet TV service, which has Lord Sugar as its chairman, has contacted agencies to invite them to pitch for the business.
As the brand is not using an intermediary, the review will be overseen by YouView’s marketing team, with input from Sugar himself.
It is understood Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account in December.
A YouView spokeswoman said: "Adam & Eve has been central to the success of YouView’s launch campaign, but a mutual agreement was made that our creative advertising agency requirements are changing as we move into the next phase of YouView’s evolution, so we are planning to review our arrangements in early this year."
YouView, a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva, launched its first major ad campaign in September last year.
The TV ad showed actors and characters including Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Who’s Daleks and Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith projected on to buildings.
Sugar, who is paid £500,000 a year to chair the venture, revealed at an industry event hosted by Nabs late last year that he had "abstained" from becoming involved in the advertising for YouView, admitting: "If ever there was a case of watching the mother-in-law drive the Ferrari off the cliff, this is it."
YouView first appointed Adam & Eve in 2010 after a controversial pitch process.
Initially, YouView had awarded its advertising account to CHI & Partners but, after reported conflict issues, revealed two weeks later that Adam & Eve had been handed the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy