YouView kicks off review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
YouView is looking for a new advertising agency to handle its £10 million account after splitting with the incumbent, Adam & Eve/DDB.
The internet TV service, which has Lord Sugar as its chairman, has contacted agencies to invite them to pitch for the business.
As the brand is not using an intermediary, the review will be overseen by YouView’s marketing team, with input from Sugar himself.
It is understood Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account in December.
A YouView spokeswoman said: "Adam & Eve has been central to the success of YouView’s launch campaign, but a mutual agreement was made that our creative advertising agency requirements are changing as we move into the next phase of YouView’s evolution, so we are planning to review our arrangements in early this year."
YouView, a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva, launched its first major ad campaign in September last year.
The TV ad showed actors and characters including Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Who’s Daleks and Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith projected on to buildings.
Sugar, who is paid £500,000 a year to chair the venture, revealed at an industry event hosted by Nabs late last year that he had "abstained" from becoming involved in the advertising for YouView, admitting: "If ever there was a case of watching the mother-in-law drive the Ferrari off the cliff, this is it."
YouView first appointed Adam & Eve in 2010 after a controversial pitch process.
Initially, YouView had awarded its advertising account to CHI & Partners but, after reported conflict issues, revealed two weeks later that Adam & Eve had been handed the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show