YouView kicks off review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
YouView is looking for a new advertising agency to handle its £10 million account after splitting with the incumbent, Adam & Eve/DDB.
The internet TV service, which has Lord Sugar as its chairman, has contacted agencies to invite them to pitch for the business.
As the brand is not using an intermediary, the review will be overseen by YouView’s marketing team, with input from Sugar himself.
It is understood Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account in December.
A YouView spokeswoman said: "Adam & Eve has been central to the success of YouView’s launch campaign, but a mutual agreement was made that our creative advertising agency requirements are changing as we move into the next phase of YouView’s evolution, so we are planning to review our arrangements in early this year."
YouView, a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva, launched its first major ad campaign in September last year.
The TV ad showed actors and characters including Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Who’s Daleks and Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith projected on to buildings.
Sugar, who is paid £500,000 a year to chair the venture, revealed at an industry event hosted by Nabs late last year that he had "abstained" from becoming involved in the advertising for YouView, admitting: "If ever there was a case of watching the mother-in-law drive the Ferrari off the cliff, this is it."
YouView first appointed Adam & Eve in 2010 after a controversial pitch process.
Initially, YouView had awarded its advertising account to CHI & Partners but, after reported conflict issues, revealed two weeks later that Adam & Eve had been handed the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Forward Thinking Senior Digital Project/ Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £52000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.