Halfords launches £12m creative pitch
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Halfords has put its £12 million advertising account up for pitch.
The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, which was responsible for last year’s epic "best trips last a lifetime" TV spot, has decided not to repitch.
Halfords’ review coincides with the departure of the marketing director, Gerry Murphy, and the subsequent arrival of an interim replacement, the former Richmond Foods marketer David Durie. The review is thought to be in the early stages and is being handled directly by the client.
Richard Warren, the DLKW Lowe joint chief executive, said: "We’re very proud of the work we have produced for Halfords. They’ve decided they want a change in direction and we respect their decision."
DLKW Lowe won the business from M&C Saatchi in 2010. It created a series of idents to support Halfords’ sponsorship of the Tour de France that featured the amateur cyclist Dan Francis, whose journey was made into a documentary.
The agency also created the "we fit" idents that ran on Dave to promote its in-store products and services, and positioned Halfords Autocentres as a trusted and friendly place where customer service comes first.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer Michael Page Digital £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Manager - Packaging & Design Network Career Consultants £34000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Brand Strategy and Innovation Consultant / Windsor / £50k-75k Trace £50,000 - £75,000, Windsor, Berkshire
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7