Spanish bank BBVA calls media contest
BBVA, the Spanish bank, has approached media agency groups ahead of a review of its global media planning and buying business.
It is thought that the review is at an early stage. A number of separate industry sources said their parent company was currently deciding whether it was able to pitch for the account.
The majority of BBVA’s marketing is thought to be focused in Spain and the Americas, although the bank has three branches in London.
In September 2010, BBVA signed a marketing partnership with the US National Basketball Association and launched an NBA-themed campaign that Christmas.
After an international media review, BBVA appointed MPG Media Contacts in Latin America and the US and OMD in Spain and Portugal in September 2005.
BBVA was one of the first Spanish banks to expand internationally: it opened its first branch outside Spain in Paris in 1902 and its first UK branch in 1918.
The company was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show