Spanish bank BBVA calls media contest
BBVA, the Spanish bank, has approached media agency groups ahead of a review of its global media planning and buying business.
It is thought that the review is at an early stage. A number of separate industry sources said their parent company was currently deciding whether it was able to pitch for the account.
The majority of BBVA’s marketing is thought to be focused in Spain and the Americas, although the bank has three branches in London.
In September 2010, BBVA signed a marketing partnership with the US National Basketball Association and launched an NBA-themed campaign that Christmas.
After an international media review, BBVA appointed MPG Media Contacts in Latin America and the US and OMD in Spain and Portugal in September 2005.
BBVA was one of the first Spanish banks to expand internationally: it opened its first branch outside Spain in Paris in 1902 and its first UK branch in 1918.
The company was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP