Spanish bank BBVA calls media contest
BBVA, the Spanish bank, has approached media agency groups ahead of a review of its global media planning and buying business.
It is thought that the review is at an early stage. A number of separate industry sources said their parent company was currently deciding whether it was able to pitch for the account.
The majority of BBVA’s marketing is thought to be focused in Spain and the Americas, although the bank has three branches in London.
In September 2010, BBVA signed a marketing partnership with the US National Basketball Association and launched an NBA-themed campaign that Christmas.
After an international media review, BBVA appointed MPG Media Contacts in Latin America and the US and OMD in Spain and Portugal in September 2005.
BBVA was one of the first Spanish banks to expand internationally: it opened its first branch outside Spain in Paris in 1902 and its first UK branch in 1918.
The company was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Community Manager/Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Head of Retail Brands Stopgap £110000 per annum + pro rata - 2/3 month contract, London
- Mid-Weight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad