Spanish bank BBVA calls media contest
BBVA, the Spanish bank, has approached media agency groups ahead of a review of its global media planning and buying business.
It is thought that the review is at an early stage. A number of separate industry sources said their parent company was currently deciding whether it was able to pitch for the account.
The majority of BBVA’s marketing is thought to be focused in Spain and the Americas, although the bank has three branches in London.
In September 2010, BBVA signed a marketing partnership with the US National Basketball Association and launched an NBA-themed campaign that Christmas.
After an international media review, BBVA appointed MPG Media Contacts in Latin America and the US and OMD in Spain and Portugal in September 2005.
BBVA was one of the first Spanish banks to expand internationally: it opened its first branch outside Spain in Paris in 1902 and its first UK branch in 1918.
The company was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film