WPP takes full ownership of Columbian agencies
WPP has taken full ownership of the Columbian agencies REP/Grey, REP/G2 and Massive, as part of its strategy of investing in fast-growing geographic markets.
The wholly-owned WPP companies Grey, G2 Worldwide and MediaCom have bought the remaining share in ad agency REP/Grey, digital marketing agency REP/G2 and media-buying firm Massive respectively, for an undisclosed sum.
The companies were part of the Grey Global Group which WPP bought it in 2005.
When asked what proportion of the three businesses WPP had left to buy and what the deal valued the businesses at, a spokesman for WPP declined to comment on the terms of the deal.
In a statement, WPP said the investments "further strengthen WPP’s position and commitment to the Colombian communications services industry". Other WPP agencies in the country include JWT, Ogilvy, Y&R and Wunderman.
Last week WPP invested $70m in a 20% stake in Buenos Aires-based technology services provider Globant, which Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, said would make "digital marketing efforts more effective and simpler to manage".
Other recent investments in the region include WPP network Wunderman buying the Mexico City-based digital marketing agency Crossmedia in December last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director - £60k to £70k - ATL/Digital MODA consult Around the £60k - £70k + excellent benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Administrator, Leisure, North London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £22500 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned